Sunday, February 3, 2013

Gluten-Free Pizza Crust

It's crispy!  It's holdable!  It's tasty!

And it's quick!

Delicious pizza at your fingertips.  It even put up with my gigantic portions of veggie toppings.

I used this recipe and my only change was the yeast.  I didn't have instant, so instead of mixing the yeast in dry, I slurried it with the sugar and 1/2 cup of the water in order to "activate" it.

Also, it is REALLY sticky when you turn it out onto the pizza pans.  Instead of just spraying the pan with oil, I'd also line it with parchment for extra-easy removal.  You can't really roll it like one would "normal" pizza dough.  Just press it to the edges.

I pre-baked the crusts for 20 minutes in a 400F oven with the racks in the lower part of it.  After the crusts were lightly browned, I took them out (to put the toppings on) and reheated the oven to 475F.  Then, I moved them to the middle once all the toppings were placed on.

A great thin crust!  Even non-GF people will enjoy it!


Charles' man-pizza.

My delicious vegetable pizza with feta and a little mozzarella.

I was trying to demonstrate the holdability, but it was difficult and the flash went off :O.

Bonus fluffy Iago.

No comments:

Post a Comment