Saturday, February 9, 2013

Spicy Tequila-Lime Shredded Beef

So.  Exciting news.

I haven't been posting this week because I have been very busy.

We're moving back to the States in three weeks!!!

Needless to say, we have a lot to keep us busy for a while.  So I apologize for sporadic posts.

It also means I have to use up pretty much everything in my pantry, so yay, new recipes!

Last night:  shredded beef tacos. Inspired by Chipotle's barbacoa.  I shall have you again soon, sweet, sweet Mexican/Tex-Mex food!  If you think Quebec has decent Tex-Mex...excuse me while I laugh.

Ingredients:

2-3 lb chuck roast
1 onion, thinly sliced
3-4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1 T. chili powder
1 t. ancho chili powder
1 T. ground cumin
1 T. epazote (Mexican oregano)
1/2 t. salt
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1/2 t. liquid smoke (optional)
1/3 cup tequila

Instructions:

Toss everything into your slow-cooker.  Stir around.



Cook on high for 6 hours.  Flip over the meat every couple of hours.  About an hour before serving, the meat should be falling apart.  Shred it with two forks.  If the liquid has not evaporated off, remove the lid and let it cook off.

Really.  It's that easy.

Serve in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, whatever!  It's very flavorful, tender, and you can adjust the spice however you want!


Ahhhh, I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment