Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mango-Strawberry Crumble

I had a ton of way-over-ripe (about to go bad) mangos in my fridge and was searching for something to make with them.  I sort of made this up as I went along--take measurements with a grain of salt!  It came out really great, and vanilla ice cream is a perfect addition to it.

Ingredients:

Filling
2 very ripe mangos, cubed (should be about 2-3 cups of mango flesh, my mangos were massive)
15-20 strawberries, hulled and sliced (about 1.5 cups)
2 tablespoons of sugar (adjust depending on your tastes, I don't find that mangos and strawberries need a lot of extra sugar)
Juice of 2 limes, or 1 lemon
1 T. cornstarch or other starch
1 t. cinnamon

Topping
1 recipe gluten-free pie crust (I had one premade)
1/2 cup coarsely ground almonds
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar

Instructions:

Butter a square 8x8 baking pan.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

Toss together the filling ingredients in a bowl and pour into the pan.

Combine the topping ingredients in another bowl and crumble them together with your fingers until they're in small chunks.  Sprinkle evenly over the filling.

Bake in your preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, until the filling is cooked and the topping is well-browned.




....we ate it before I could take pictures.  It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment