Sunday, March 25, 2012

CHEAT DAY: Strawberry-Banana Bread Pudding

I made brioche this weekend and had quite a bit leftover from breakfast yesterday, and I decided to make something delicious with it.

Bread pudding it is!

I couldn't find a recipe I exactly wanted to make, so I pretty much made this up, loosely following some recipes I looked up online.

Ingredients:

6 cups stale brioche, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 cups half-and-half
3 eggs
3 overripe bananas, mashed
1 T. vanilla extract
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar, plus more for sprinkling

Instructions:

Cube up your bread and place it in a large bowl. Mix in the sliced strawberries.



Using an electric mixer, combine the cream, brown sugar, and eggs until blended. Then add the bananas, vanilla, and cinnamon, and mix until blended together.


Pour the liquid over the bread and strawberries and allow it to soak for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease a casserole dish (I used a tall, round one, but I would suggest allowing the bread pudding to be more spread out, as you won't need to cook it as long). Pour in the mixture and press it down into the dish. Sprinkle the top with some brown sugar and bake for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped and the interior reaches a temperature of 170 degrees F.


The finished product! It is divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment