Thursday, February 16, 2012

Salmon with a Dill, Sour Cream, & Mustard Sauce

(And broccoli on the side. Can you tell what's been on sale lately? :P)

Ingredients:

2 salmon fillets
1/2 t. chili powder (I thought it added a nice kick)
Juice of 1 lime
Salt & pepper to taste

1 T. olive oil
3 T. onion, finely minced
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
2 T. Dijon mustard
1/3 cup minced fresh dill
1 cup sour cream
Juice of 1 lime

Instructions:

Place the salmon on a plate and sprinkle with spices and lime juice. Cover and let sit for about an hour in the refrigerator.


Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Sautee the onion and garlic until onion is translucent.

Add Dijon and dill and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.


Add sour cream and lime juice. Stir together and allow to cook for a few minutes. Remove from heat and let it come to room temperature.


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread a small amount of oil over it.

Place marinated salmon onto the sheet. Pour 1/3 of the sauce over salmon. Bake for 20 minutes, or until salmon is opaque in the center.



I tossed the broccoli in garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil and just placed it on the same sheet.

When done, use the rest of the sauce as you desire (I thought it was tasty on the broccoli, too!).

2 comments:

  1. Hello Amy, I 'v discovered your blog with my boyfriend (Dom a colleague of Charles). We did the salmon recipe tonight it was soooo good !! I was wondering when do you put the aneth ? Before to put the salmon in the oven or after ? I guess a big T is for tablespoon and a little is for teaspoon ? The next receipe I will try will be the almond and chocolate cookies :) Nolwenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! You put the dill (aneth) in when you add the dijon mustard (right before the sour cream and lime juice are added). And the recipe I took this from said that you can put some sauce on before baking (to cook with the salmon and give it a lot of flavor), and also after, if you desire more sauce :D. I hope I answered your question!

      And yes, "T." is tablespoon and "t." is teaspoon!

      Those cookies can be addictive, haha.

      Delete