Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The "Juicy Lucy"

The "Juicy Lucy" is a style of cheeseburger in which the cheese is placed between two thin patties of burger. It leads to total melty-cheesy goodness when you bite into the burger, and that's just fabulous.

I don't have an exact recipe for burgers. I change up the spices for whatever I'm craving and pick whatever cheese we have in the fridge. So, take my ingredient approximations with a grain of salt. I never add breadcrumbs or egg to my burgers, either...we never needed it growing up, I don't know why people use it now.

Ingredients:

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. garlic powder

A couple of slices of cheese of your choice (I had "cheddar" on hand)

Instructions:

Mix beef and spices together in a bowl, adjusting to your tastes and adding whatever you think you'd like. Use a potato masher or your hands, depending on how messy you want to get.

Divide your beef into 4 portions (or more...yeah, I made half pound burgers 'cause I'm crazy). Flatten the portions until they're patties about 1/3 inch thick. Place cheese in the center of two patties, and then top with another beef patty. Press the sides together to seal them closed, otherwise your cheese will escape!

Grill or cook on a griddle pan on medium-high heat until cooked to your preference and the cheese in the center is melty. For me, about 5-6 minutes on each side. Top with tomato, onion, lettuce, whatever you like. No buns to keep this low carb, and no fries!



I served mine with some chipotle mayonnaise and broccoli. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment