Monday, October 1, 2012

Of Texas and October

Good day, everyone!

I have been absent a couple of weeks, I apologize.  I went on a trip to visit my grandparents in west Texas, and ended up getting stuck there longer (apparently, leaving Texas while it's raining is nearly impossible!).  Had a great trip, saw some family, managed to get glutened almost every day(death), BUT I kept up my running and made it to 3 miles by the end of the trip!  With no more foot injury!  It still aches after a long run, but it feels like that muscle-fatigue-ache rather than oh-no-I-am-dying-please-amputate-my-foot-pain.

I went to a meetup of geeky women yesterday (from meetup.com) and I think I have met some great new people, and I was even (possibly) invited to do the Color Run in Montreal in a couple of weeks.  So excited!  They're also doing some amazing-sounding scavenger hunt in Montreal for Halloween, so I am totally in for that.  You know, since Charles doesn't really seem up for making plans :P.  Silly grown-ups, Halloween isn't JUST for kids!

As for recipes, right now, I don't think I have anything on tap.  I haven't been cooking a whole lot, clearly, so I will get on making some delicious foodstuffs for you all to make!

Happy October, everyone!  Fall is setting in nicely, and *gasp* I can put up my Halloween decorations now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment